Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Retro Italian Bread Wedges

So tonight my BF and I were trying to decide what to have for supper and the options where either leftovers or.....well leftovers. My BF mentioned his love for Italian Bread Wedges circa Grade 8 Home Ec class. He no longer had the recipe, but as fate would have it we had the same Home Ec teacher in Grade 8 (despite going to different elementary schools) and the Italian Bread Wedges were a recipe I held on to.

And so we baked.

 We started with the dough. For this we needed 2.5c. flour, 1tbsp instant yeast, 1c. warm water, 1tbsp vegetable oil, 1tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. salt.


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Knead in extra flour if needed. Form a ball. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.

Then you will need: a quarter of a tsp. salt, dash pepper, a quarter tsp. oregano, a quarter tsp. garlic powder, a quarter tsp. thyme and a quarter to a third cup Golden Italian Dressing.



Mix the 5 spices in a small bowl. Brush Italian dressing evenly over dough.


Sprinkle on parmesan cheese, sprinkle on one half cup grated mozarella cheese.


We did not have mozarella so we used marble. We took the parmesan cheese out because my BF apparently does not care for it.  It is amazing the things you learn about your partner while you cook together.




Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, but watch it closely.

My BF had only bread wedges for supper, but I added a salad. It was a perfect combination.

I also had an obligatory glass of wine to celebrate having the next four days off!!



This recipe was SO easy. It is meant for grade 8 students so it is relatively simple and straightforward AND it is BF friendly! Thanks to Mrs. Wingert, the BEST grade 8 Home Ec teacher ever!


ADELLE

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found your blog and it rocks! I am SO trying this recipe! Looks delicious!
    ~ Chelsi

    ReplyDelete