Sunday, February 5, 2012

SuperBowl Sunday Calorie Fest

It's that time of year again....SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!


Such an occasion calls for all New Years health-related resolutions to be thrown out the window in lieu of calorie-laden dips, breaded meats, and bread. Oh the bread.

Like last year, we had a few people over to watch the game, and wanted to have some good football eats to munch on while we watched Madonna's Half Time Show the game.

Here's a link to the Half Time Show if you missed it. Madonna rocked my world.

To start off, we munched on honey roasted peanuts and sipped on Strongbow.



First course: Boneless dry ribs with freshly squeezed lemon. Let the calorie intake begin.


Main course: Two kinds of Beaded Shrimp, Lemon Pepper and Dill Fish, Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread, and homemade Italien Pizza Bread.

And let's not forget....Heart Attack in a Pot


This is the BF's idea of a bowl for dipping in. Oh boy.
Dessert was cupcakes.

Filled with cookie dough.
Heaven help me.



Oh yeah....we made them festive for the occasion.


But it was absolutely delicious.

And well worth the calories.

Now excuse me while I go renew my gym membership.


GO GIANTS!




ADELLE

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good ... especially that heart attack in the pot, because you know I looooove that!!!! I am happy you posted! Miss chatting with girl!!! I think we need a dinner date, or drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should say "miss chatting with YOU girl!!!"

    ReplyDelete