Monday, October 10, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Patch

Thanksgiving long weekend is one of my favourite times of year. Fall is in full swing, and the holiday season is about to commence. I feel that Thanksgiving is the kick-off to the holidays. Thanksgiving-Halloween-Christmas. Once Thanksgiving comes, it's go-time.

This Thanksgiving, I had two family gatherings on Saturday, then headed to the lake with my folks for some rest and relaxation.

With some free time on our hands, we decided to adventure out to Lincoln Gardens, which is a greenhouse outside of Lumsden.



Each year, they harvest an astronomical amount of pumpkins and people from far and wide come to buy up the pumpkins and use the pumpkin patch as a family photo opportunity.

I have never seen anything like it. Pumpkins for as far as the eye could see. It was a very cool sight.


They have areas set up as photo opportunities, or you can just plunk down amidst the pumpkins and pose away.



Mom and I couldn't resist the photo op.



The inside of the greenhouse was decked out in harvest and Halloween decorations.





Also indoors was a Haunted House which I didn't go in. I'm a giant chicken.



The Lincoln Gardens greenhouse sells fresh fruits and veggies well into the fall season and today they were flying off the shelves along with the pumpkins. We bought some cool looking carrots and pickled beets. My favourite.



They were also selling these little beauties.



Fresh caramel apples with sprinkles and white chocolate chips.


I had never tried a caramel apple before and neither had mom so we had to split one.




Oh my gosh. Where have these been my whole my life?! I'm a convert and I can't wait until I can find another excuse to chow down on one of these again.

Next time I'm not sharing.

And so, if you find yourself with free time and you are close to Lumsden, pick up a coffee and then take a road trip to Lincoln Gardens. Bring your camera!!!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving long weekend!


ADELLE






1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, pickled beets!!!

    I have never been to the pumpkin patch before!

    ReplyDelete