Monday, October 31, 2011

Blog-aversary

Today is a very special day for me.

Today is my very first Blog-aversary!

Ok, Ok it's HALLOWEEN too.... but it's also the day that one year ago I decided to procrastinate on a paper and write my first blog post.I LOVE blogging and though I wish I had time to blog more, it's always cathartic and fun to sit down and write a post. So thanks to those of you who have been reading my blog for the past year.....it means the world to me!

Ok, now on to HALLOWEEN.

Due to being in grad school and having a midterm tonight, I missed the trick'or'treaters. However, I tried taking in Halloween as much as I could beforehand.

One of my friends had a Halloween party last weekend which I happily dressed up and attended to make up for my lack of Halloween participation today.

Inspired by SkinnyTaste, I made festive low fat chocolate cupcakes to take with me.

Here's what to do:


Buy festive cupcake liners and line your cupcake pan.


Pour a can of pumpkin into a big mixing bowl.


Add a packet of sugar-free chocolate pudding.


And a package of chocolate cake mix. Blend away.

Pour the batter into your festive cupcake liners until they are approximately 2/3 full.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Decorate accordingly. I made mine into cute Mummys with M & M eyes.


They turned out really good!

My friend went all out with decorations, games, and food for us.


Another friend of mine introduced me to a new trend going around some of the family-laden neighbourhoods in our city.

She received a bucket on her front step saying she had been "BOO-ed".

The pics suck because they were taking on my phone. But you get the idea.

The bucket was filled with Halloween treats.


The bucket also had a Mason jar filled with the dry ingredients for Monster Cookies and the recipe attached.


The idea is that my friend has to post the We've Been Boo-ed sign on her door, and make two baskets of her own to anonymously leave on two neighbour's doorsteps.
 I absolutely LOVE this idea and may do it in my own neighbourhood. You could easily do this for other holidays. A bucket of Christmas goodies could have a sign with "We've Been Snow-ed", or a Valentine's Bucket could be "We've Been Kissed". Use your imagination!

I hope you all had a safe and wonderful HALLOWEEN and thanks for reading my blog!


ADELLE

1 comment:

  1. Happy Bloggiversary!!!!! The cupcakes turned out super cute :-)

    I got "Boo-ed" a few years ago. It is fun!

    ReplyDelete