Friday, May 2, 2014

I Need a Drink

I need a drink.
Not in an I'm-so-stressed-that-a-drink-is-the-only-thing-that-will-calm-me way.  
Not in an it's-a-big-occasion-thus-I-need-to-pop-some-bubbly-way. 
Definitely not in an it's-the-weekend-and-time-to-party-and-hit-the-bar way. My bar star fell out of the sky a long time ago. 

I need a drink...with no alcohol...that is fun and can get me through the summer.
Having not had a drink in over a year due to pregnancy and now breast feeding, I find myself approaching another patio season which will be predominantly dry, and I'm bored with the drinks in my fridge. Bored senseless.  
Yesterday, in a desperate attempt to make a "fun" non-alcoholic drink, I combined apple juice and Perrier water and put it in a wine glass. It was not that good; however, I believe it was the best of what my fridge had to offer considering the other options were milk, water, Sunny D and prune juice. Oh, and breast milk. 
So apple juice and Perrier it was, and when poured into a wine glass it vaguely resembled Chardonnay. It's all psychological anyways right? Right?

I realize there are umpteen million recipes for non-alcoholic drinks at my Google-ready fingertips, but I would rather hear what people I know and love consume when they need to satiate their thirst while remaining sober.
So please, I beg you, save me from making a prune juice cocktail tonight and send me your favourite mocktails.  

Cheers to another patio season!




ADELLE

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I just realized you'll be on mat. leave this summer!!!! I love this. Patio "drinks"!!!

    ReplyDelete