Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Love

Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

The timeless and decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie has been honoured with its very own celebratory day and today just so happens to be that day.

Who knew?

When I found this out via the lovely Regina Global News ladies this morning I vowed to make my own batch and squeezed some time to do just that this afternoon. Any excuse to indulge in copious amounts of raw cookie dough cookies and you can count me in.

I don't have a 'go-to' chocolate chip cookie recipe and wanted to keep it simple, so I stuck with a classic recipe from an old community cookbook I had lying around. My hubs was thrilled that I chose to stick to a 'normal' chocolate chip cookie recipe and that I did not put anything "weird" (read: oatmeal, whole wheat flour, dark chocolate) in them.

Here's the recipe I used, I think it's pretty foolproof unless you try multi-tasking and burn one batch, which I somehow managed to do. Big surprise.

1/2 C margarine                                1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C sugar                                       1 tsp baking soda
1/2 C brown sugar                            1 1/4 C flour
1 egg\1/2 tsp vanilla                           3/4 C chocolate cookies (I used 1 C because...c'mon)

Cream margarine. Add sugar. Add egg and beat into mixture. Add other ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoon. Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes.





Blog Love

Courtesy of some of my favourite blogs, here are some other chocolate chip cookie recipes for those of you who may be gluten-free/dairy-free/vegan/adventurous/addicted to chocolate or for those of you who may not....have a husband who is a picky eater.

Oh She Glows:  Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Everyday Foodie:  Levain-Like Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Skinny Taste: Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Eat, Live, Run: Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies
Eat Yourself Skinny: Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Pioneer Woman: Chocolate Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies

And when in doubt there are always these:

Photo Courtesy www.canadiansnackattack.com




Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day to all and to all a good night.


ADELLE








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :-) I wish I would have known about this day!!

    ReplyDelete